Skip to main content

A QUARANTINED BIRTHDAY

No one knew the course time was going to take nor the path it will follow, but I kept my fingers crossed.

I ached for the day
I prayed in my heart
I wanted to feel something different, you know, like a moment, cause it was the EIGHTEENTH time and likewise the first.

Weeks passed
Days also passed
Hours faded like the morning mist😞
And finally, it came.

I woke up expecting a new feeling or sensation, but none came.
Truth be told, it was like any other day.


But wait!!!!!
I see a cake
I see lights
I can't believe this is happening and BOOM goes the merry song.
My joy knew no bounds
I felt relieved

"This quarantine might not be bad after all" a little voice in my head said.
You don't need a lot, you just need your family and friends and all will be alright.

The smile on my face was like that of the rainbow, never ending.

Not much was done but the love that I received was enough to last me for a lifetime.

Comments

  1. H.B.D dearie.I know you never planned for this kind of birthday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwn baby girl its beautiful just as you are..😊😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just keep this up babe.....it's really πŸ”₯πŸ”₯.....do have a happy birthday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday baby girl
    ❤....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fantastic...keep soaring

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww...This is nice
    Happy birthday girl

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

IMPERFECTIONS

Have you ever gone on Social media, particularly WhatsApp and decide that you'll use a few moments to just go through statuses. You come across things that make you cringe, some make you happy, some make you sad and some brings out an ugly head that will just weaken your mind and break your self esteem. Very crazy indeed. From there you start asking yourself questions that can either build you up or bring you down. Everytime I create a new post on my blog, I go through a lot of doubts asking myself if it's good enough or if people actually read what I post or if it even creates a spark in someone's mind to keep pushing (Pushing PπŸ˜‚) and guess what, if the negative thought supercedes the positive, I'll just tell myself, "Wo, just give up abegggi" and to think I actually do itπŸ™‚. There's this song that lives rent-free in my head. I heard it from a Disney cartoon I watched years ago. "Look at me,  I would never pass for a perfect bride Or a perfect d...

CHILL! THE RESULTS WILL SHOW

I never kept my fingernails. Not because I don't like long nails; it's just that they found their way to my mouth at any given time— I'm telling you, my fingers have minds of their own. I'm sad, I bite. I'm anxious, I bite. I'm scared, I bite. I think, I bite. And the funniest, I'm hungry, I bite. Please don't judge me, and I won't do the same. So, because of these claims, I didn't fancy it until a thought dropped coupled with a little threat. I decided to keep my left pinky, More like a little experiment. Arrgh! The frustration that came with keeping it kicked in. Mere staring at it brings triggers the urge to bite. I was so anxious. I even asked myself if it might be nice cause I won't even lie. I was scared. Yeah, insecurities kicked in. But something in me kept calming my heart. Fast-forward to this moment, I wonder why I didn't keep them all these while. Though, on average, it came out beautiful. I never imagined my nails looking all...

DON'T HOLD ON!

  My decisions are mine and mine alone, even when influenced by others, I'm still the one with the final say. I'm still the one who decides if I want to go or if I want to stay. And so it kills me when such decisions bring about an emotion that won't give me a chance to breathe. That won't give me a chance to move. That won't give me a chance at life. Regret. Basically, we're looking at regret in context of the past i.e in things we wish we had done. Subtly put, Wishful Thinking. To regret means to feel sorry about something, to be remorseful.  It means that regret comes with a deep kind of sorrow. When we feel sorry, it means something went wrong or haywire.  It means there's a pain deep in your hearts knowing that if you went back in time, you would definitely change the turnout of things. "Assuming I just listened, I wouldn't be in this state". This is the sound of someone who feels sorry for themselves for not doing something or taking acti...