Skip to main content

DO THEY LIGHT YOUR PATH?

 






Your circle determines a lot.

It's not just about being there for each other.

It's not just about understanding each other.

It goes beyond care too.


DO THEY LIGHT YOUR PATH?


As a person, you need people to grow. You can't do it all alone. 

You're not Four Arms. 



One thing I tell myself, God won't come down to stop you or save you from something. He has already sent his son for that reason, so if there's danger lurking, a message to pass, a gift to share, who would he use?

Definitely, a person connected to you! The people around you.

The people who are closest to you.

You might have a bias. Your reason might be that strangers also help people. 

Some people might even say most of the assistance they get is from strangers. It can't be disputed, so going deeper will breed more understanding.


It all starts with the definition of the word Help. 

Help means to aid, assistance rendered.

The way the world sees help now is quite disheartening. If I don't give you money, I'm not helping. If I don't offer food, I'm not helping.

We forget that it comes in another way apart from resources.

What about the services rendered? 


I'm sure you've heard that Time is Money. So when someone offers their time or takes their time to go through something with you, don't you think that person has helped you?


Time lost can't be regained, have the decency to be at least appreciative when someone gives you their time.


With this little build-up, it's pretty safe to say that the people who are your friends have helped you more than you can imagine.

Just because it comes in an intangible form doesn't mean it's not worth it. 

You could have gone down the wrong path, but someone who matters to you gave advice, and you took a U-turn.

Would you have listened if a stranger had come to you and said the same?

I don't think so.

The first thing I would say is "Oversabi" cause who are you in the first place.πŸ˜‚πŸ€²


A friend said "The influence you get when surrounded by your circle has a way of affecting you. If all your friends are strict followers of time, then automatically you become one too."

Then imagine if you're stuck with the wrong crowd?


The gift of men can't be overemphasized. People who will mention your name when someone is needed for a job, people who would always share information as regards your growth, people who love you.

Those are your people. Of course, the list is endless πŸ˜… but I'm sure you get it now.


Also, don't be selfish in your thinking.

If the tables are turned, would you always be there for your circle or run at the slightest problem? 

Work on yourself too!

You can't be a taker all the time.


See you on the 31st of December πŸ₯Ί

D.
















Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

IMPERFECTIONS

Have you ever gone on Social media, particularly WhatsApp and decide that you'll use a few moments to just go through statuses. You come across things that make you cringe, some make you happy, some make you sad and some brings out an ugly head that will just weaken your mind and break your self esteem. Very crazy indeed. From there you start asking yourself questions that can either build you up or bring you down. Everytime I create a new post on my blog, I go through a lot of doubts asking myself if it's good enough or if people actually read what I post or if it even creates a spark in someone's mind to keep pushing (Pushing PπŸ˜‚) and guess what, if the negative thought supercedes the positive, I'll just tell myself, "Wo, just give up abegggi" and to think I actually do itπŸ™‚. There's this song that lives rent-free in my head. I heard it from a Disney cartoon I watched years ago. "Look at me,  I would never pass for a perfect bride Or a perfect d...

CHILL! THE RESULTS WILL SHOW

I never kept my fingernails. Not because I don't like long nails; it's just that they found their way to my mouth at any given time— I'm telling you, my fingers have minds of their own. I'm sad, I bite. I'm anxious, I bite. I'm scared, I bite. I think, I bite. And the funniest, I'm hungry, I bite. Please don't judge me, and I won't do the same. So, because of these claims, I didn't fancy it until a thought dropped coupled with a little threat. I decided to keep my left pinky, More like a little experiment. Arrgh! The frustration that came with keeping it kicked in. Mere staring at it brings triggers the urge to bite. I was so anxious. I even asked myself if it might be nice cause I won't even lie. I was scared. Yeah, insecurities kicked in. But something in me kept calming my heart. Fast-forward to this moment, I wonder why I didn't keep them all these while. Though, on average, it came out beautiful. I never imagined my nails looking all...

DON'T HOLD ON!

  My decisions are mine and mine alone, even when influenced by others, I'm still the one with the final say. I'm still the one who decides if I want to go or if I want to stay. And so it kills me when such decisions bring about an emotion that won't give me a chance to breathe. That won't give me a chance to move. That won't give me a chance at life. Regret. Basically, we're looking at regret in context of the past i.e in things we wish we had done. Subtly put, Wishful Thinking. To regret means to feel sorry about something, to be remorseful.  It means that regret comes with a deep kind of sorrow. When we feel sorry, it means something went wrong or haywire.  It means there's a pain deep in your hearts knowing that if you went back in time, you would definitely change the turnout of things. "Assuming I just listened, I wouldn't be in this state". This is the sound of someone who feels sorry for themselves for not doing something or taking acti...